* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: a lighter whiter side

Tuesday, 27 May 2008

a lighter whiter side

Haha... here's a great 'sociological' blog. Ever thought white-ness was normative, and everybody else had 'culture' and 'superstitions' etc? Well, white people are rather strange too! Here's a great blog worth reading if you want to laugh at yourself:
Stuff white people like.

I've just read the first page, and, yes, i'm there! Grammar, Toyota Prius', Organic food, free healthcare, sushi, diversity, having gay friends... the list goes on. I'm wearing a scarf, and I bought a pair of New Balance running shoes 2 weeks ago! (I'm not a big fan of bumperstickers though)

Have a look and a laugh. Here's the full list of 'stuff'. It's rather US-centric (specifically liberal, democratic, educatedl hippie whites) but still funny.

No comments:

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b