BrisVegas here i come!
Tomorrow at 6am I, and 44 other Kaboom compadres, make our way from the ACT up to the fabulous BrisVegas for the 2008 Australian Ultimate Mixed Nationals tournament. 24 teams from around the country, 3 days of competition, 3 games per day... and a casino themed party on Sunday night - should be a really good time!
Canberra is sending 3 teams along to mixed nats... pretty good going for a small city. I managed to make it into the Kaboom A team - playing alongside some very talented folks. Follow the news on the mixed nats site, or look for a report on our blog. And, if you are in Brisbane (what are the chances!) look out for us in our smashing yellow shirts:
BTW - I've no idea why Brisbane is fondly called BrisVegas. Canberran's don't have much idea either. Someone told me that it may be because there are a lot of neon lights in the city. I'll have a look and tell you.
Oh, and i'm also going to meet up with a high school friend of mine - Jimmy Nixon - who moved to Brisbane 8 years ago. Should be good to see what he's up to.










No comments:
Post a Comment