my alternative sports wishlist
If, for some obscure reason, i was unable to play ultimate frisbee anymore, I have a mental list of a few other alternative sports I'd like to try my hand at:
parkour
adventure racing
moutain biking
rock climbing (my last climb was 3 years ago)
Capoeria is not on the list, as I'm already doing it. Extreme ironing never really excited me. Sports involving being underwater, or in the sky, seem to scare me. [Kudos therefore to my braver friends: Lu-dogg who has recently taken up kite-surfing, Nic who is a very experienced sky diver, and Dan the scuba man]
Anyway, I've just discovered a new sport that has some potential: Extreme kayaking.
Take a look at this BBC report of some clowns brave people who kayaked down a 300ft dam wall.
Phenomenal or phenomenally stupid? Here's the BBC's full picture and caption:
at Llyn Brianne reservoir in Carmarthenshire. The activity
over the 300ft overspill has been condemned by Welsh Water,
which has threatened action. Photo: James Davies Photography, Swansea
Any other alternative sports out there that you have tried/want to try?
[rhetorical question to my non-existent blog readers ;)]










No comments:
Post a Comment