* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: back to the grind

Wednesday, 11 April 2007

back to the grind

Happy Easter to you all. To be honest, i hardly had time to get into the easter mood this year. I tried a lent thing (succeeded probably 30 of the 40 days) and went to a Jazz Vespers and Communion evening service at Fourth Presbyterian, Chicago on Easter Sunday. In between it has been thesis manic-ness and a little visit to Chicago. The trip was fun, even if it was below freezing and snowing. The architect in me was like a spoilt child when i saw all the big shiny buildings in the city. I have plenty of photos of them, and may even post some up here in the not too distant future. I'll have to expand on the trip too, but for now, I have work to do for class. Seems like i didn't really stop over spring break, and there are a few more deadlines looming. Being a grad student takes a bit of work! ;)

(oh - SA LOST to Bangladesh, but beat the West Indies convincingly today after posting a score of 356. Woohoo SA cricket!)

No comments:

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b