leading thoughts
I’ve just found out that while blogging for me means sticking up photos of Frisbees and trying to be subversive, my housemate and friend Ariel got the idea in his head that he wanted to be a Thought Leader blogger. Thought Leader is the Mail&Gaurdian's blog and a recent addition to the SA blogosphere. Ariel emailed the folks there, sent a copy of his writing and now he has his own blurb and even his first post "Colouring outside the lines". Woohoo! Way to go buddy.
Inspired by his move, I think that Aiden (of the Narrative Pulse fame) should also sign up to be a contributor- many of his blog posts are very well researched and ‘leading thoughts’ in the area of narrative theory here in SA.
For international thought leaders and ideas worth spreading, be sure to subscribe to TED talks. They have the big guns of the world talking on interesting topics all the time.
(And, as always, for frisbee pictures and parliament/theology news, subscribe here!)










4 comments:
Ah, Gareth, I have indeed approached them ... but got ignored. Seems Ariel got it right somehow.
Not too much of a problem though as TL perhaps suffers from having too much content pushed out ... I regularly get more than 10 posts a day in my feedreader from the site.
oh, and coffee will be great the next time you're up in Jozi
I'd rather read people's stuff on their own blogs than in "Thought Leader", which sounds too much like Big Media cooption.
hey steve... thanks for popping by. You have a point there. The TL people have mentioned that they want 1000 contributers - seems like a whole community rather than select thoughtful posts.
I'm off to visit your blog - i'm getting into the SA religion/thinking blogosphere and see you coming up in a few places. Maybe our paths will cross sometime!
Post a Comment