sad frisbee news...
It’s about time I let my blog in on some sad news… After nationals I was chosen as part of the SA team to go to Worlds in Vancouver in August. Worlds! Like where all the best ultimate players in the world go. I started training and strategising and all. BUT, in my last game in Cape Town, I hurt my ankle rather badly (read: torn ligament). Pants! I had hoped that I would recover in a few weeks, but it’s been 6 and I still can’t run properly. So, last week I had to call the captains and cancel. Big downer.
There’s not much I can do about it, but I would have given my left ankle to play at Worlds. Quite a few of the players all started playing with me about 4 years ago, and I would have loved to play alongside them. All I can do now is wish them luck, and make sure I fix my ankle and play in all the tournaments I can here in Aus. Hopefully I’ll stay in shape and in 4 years time I’ll still be good enough for the SA team. That is debatable though, as there are some really skilled young players coming up through the LoveLife program and schools’ leagues. Good news for SA ultimate, but bad news for (what will be) and old fogey like me in 4 years time. We shall see!
Good luck to the rest of the team… they leave in under a month for Canada.










1 comment:
shite!
Post a Comment