* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: Some good frisbee news

Thursday, 17 July 2008

Some good frisbee news

After the sad frisbee news of missing worlds and nursing my ankle, here's some good news. Last night the indoor winter league started here in Canberra. I signed up a while back, and thought i'd give it a try. I haven't run or played frisbee in two months, and was wary as to how my ankle would perform. I bandaged it up nicely, put on an aircast, and it held up surprisingly well. There were a whole bunch of aspects that contributed to a smooth return to my favourite pastime: the court we played on at the AIS was a sprung floor, i was able to wear cushioned shoes, the games were only 30 mins long, and the small court means less running. I came home really energised from the run around, and from meeting cool new frisbee folks - a great change from the boring job applications that usually colour my day.

(PS> The Canberra Ultimate crowd are running some frisbee development clinics on Monday nights from next week... i know about 8 people in this city, and have convinced 4 to come along! What a frisbee-evangelist i am.
PPS> Julie has expressed an interest to come along. I've told her that i love her just as she is - ultimate player or not- but she, of her own volition, wants to learn and play too! Hooray!)

No comments:

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b