the verdict?
'So, how was South Africa?'
I've been asked this question multiple times over the last two days. I smile and nod and probably put my hands in my pockets in shyness. 'It was really really good', I say. I can't really explain it except to say that it was good. Good to see my family, so be in summer, to sit in traffic on the right hand side of the road, to braai, not to be the odd one out etc. Jo'burg felt really fast, and that i hardly touched base with anyone, but it was a welcome break. Cape Town was a bit slower: I saw Lu and Natalie, went to church with Paul&Helen, played frisbee with Disconnect, and hung out with Julie's siblings.
I was chatting to a fellow student today about my options for next year. I said that i was working out some possibilities (either an internship with Iona, or a CPE in the States).
She also asked me a question:
"You don't have a girlfriend back home waiting for you to finish though?"
Ouch! Maybe Valentines day precipitated the relationship question, but it was a very apt question. Half of the time in SA I spent in Cape Town with Julie.
'And... how was it?' you ask.
'It was really really good', is all I can really say here too. Every day got better, and it was horrible to leave, but we are both thinking of ways to be together soon. Where that will be is any one's guess at the moment. We are both challenged to live expansively and boldly, so that means trying to find exciting options to follow.
Any advice out there on this Valentine's day?










2 comments:
Ahhh...you're sweet, thanks hun!
...you're also HOT!
Post a Comment