the SACC Parliamentary Office: Mr Researcher
So, I finally have a job, as of last week Thursday. I’m quite enjoying the structure (or bondage) of office hours, and still enthralled by the trains and working in the city centre. My official title is something like researcher or intern at the SACC PO (South African Council of Churches Parliamentary Office) and it’s a two month position for now. I was hoping to do some research and follow some Bills in Parliament, but it looks like my job spec had changed to office administrator and conference planner. Hmm...
I’ve been rather stressed out because I (with all my realms of event co-ordinating expertise) have to plan a conference for a 100 people, accommodation, speakers, flights and a big budget IN 3 WEEKS TIME!!! Keith (the PO director, and as such my boss-type guy - who isn’t really around much) thinks it can be done. No, rather, says it MUST be done. So, it will happen, and hopefully I’m still sane when the date comes around!
If any of you happen to be in Cape Town, and interested in the current Children’s Amendment Bill concerning the banning of corporal punishment in homes, please do come along! Here’s our flyer that I’ve just emailed to the heads of 26 denominations in the country:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Symposium on Children’s Rights
28 & 29th November 2007
to engage various perspectives on the abolition of corporal punishment
and for the promotion of positive discipline.
“Creating space for the important conversation between the fields of Law, International Human Rights, Child Work, Theology, Politics and Psychology concerning the current Children’s Amendment Bill, in the hope of harmonising international norms with current religious beliefs and traditional practices in
SACC Parliamentary Office – Gareth (021) 423 4261
SACC Head Office – Theresa (011)241 7813
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------










No comments:
Post a Comment