Energy Response Plan for SA
I’m really enjoying the exposure that I get through the SACC to all the activists here in Cape Town. On Tuesday I was at a meeting of a bunch of environmentalists, FBOs and NGOs addressing the power crisis here in Cape Town. With this group of 'greeny-lefties' (as the Minsters of Parliament term them) we came up with a 10 point energy response plan that is being sent out to government and the media. Read the 10 points on the Earthlife website here for some great, green and just steps to solving our problem.










2 comments:
Gareth
I've signed. I suggested the campaign should be web based, not email, else it really will be a nightmare for poor liziwe@mweb.co.za.
I have to note (and I really don't want to be judgemental, but encouraging) that the emphasis looks quite political and abstracted. Of course, it's a political organisation. But there seems to be a certain lack of imagination. Or am I wrong?
I am looking for practical, down to earth ways to participate, in an ongoing way, with my whole person, to environmental justice.
thanks for signing Nic. I think the aim of the campaing (based on the nature of the groups involved in its formation) was for more of a political and legislative level intervention, and not so much ideas for you and i on the street. But you make a point, yes.
Post a Comment