* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: technology gripes and family bites

Sunday, 06 January 2008

technology gripes and family bites

Hip-freaking-hooray! After 2 weeks of listening to Telkom and Mweb’s call centres, the ADSL connection at my parent’s house has finally been repaired. The lack of connectivity was caused in part by cable-theft as well as one humongous thunder storm last week.

So, when I wasn’t listening to the appalling call centre music on the telephone, I was spending time with my much depleted family. I say much depleted because, from next week onwards, only my parents and Bronwen will be at home. This is a house which, for twenty years had 7 Beyers’ running around, now only has 3. Matthew is flipping burgers and skiing in Veil, Colorado with some friends for a couple of months. Vicki and Jane have just graduated from high school and gone down to Cape Town to do a Youth With a Mission missionary thing. I’m back down to CT on Sunday too. And then there were 3.

PS- It will be rather nice having my ‘baby sisters’ in Cape Town with me. I’ve promised them train rides to Simonstown, Coffee at Olympia and any other big brother treats I can arrange. In return all they have to do is come play for my Frisbee team in Summer League ;)

PPS- Happy new year to you. Hope it is invigorating and honest and faithful.

No comments:

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b