* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: gate of knowledge? yeah right!

Thursday, 17 January 2008

gate of knowledge? yeah right!

Flipping through my posts, I came across this quote again:

do not search for the gate of knowledge;
only stop believing in walls and their security.
Wow. Wow again. I’m not sure if I really comprehend it all, but each time I read it strikes me in a new way. umm… yeah, that’s about it. At a loss for words.

Oh, and you may have noticed this new quote in my sidebar:
Look ahead. You are not expected to complete the task.
Neither are you permitted to lay it down.
It’s from the Talmud. Can you say ‘realised-yet-hopeful-eschatology’?

2 comments:

Stephen Murray said...

that last one is a superb quote. Hope for the future and hope for now.

Gareth said...

and the first one? ;)

thanks for the comment Stephen. I read your de-lurker comment on Emergent Africa - how you seem to get shot at from 'both sides' for being in the middle. Kudos for staying conversant with both parties though. I try do the same, though it is hard!

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b