* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: Anecdote

Monday, 11 September 2006

Anecdote


Just a quick humourous one:
Our fridge was running on reserve, so i went with my housemates to the local (24hour) Kroger to do our big shop - Kroger is like Pick n Pay here. Firstly, there is not much fruit juice selection - it is all made from concentrate. LiquiFruit or Ceres should seriously think of branching overseas!
But what made me laugh the most was that by the milk part of the store there is a speaker that makes cow noises when you walk past! I heard this 'Mooooo, mooo' noise and burst out laughing! I mean, come on, it's not as if cows even drink milk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey

the cows singing are halirious

the first day i got here i went to the giant and walked past with friends that had been here for like 3 months ,so they new what would happen when i did walked past and they just laughed at me ..........which made it even more funny..........

Anonymous said...

Hey Gareth!

From the neighbouring country on the same continent i greet you! You are right, there is a serious shortage of the good stuff you find in SA and one of them is Fruit Juice, I had to mention though, Canada is very conscious of what they sell ... BUT wonder above wonder I managed to find two of my favourite drinks! Ceres Fruit Juice in all varieties and second of all ... Appletizer! So that is great - there are two Canadian Supermarkets that around Victoria, BC, that carry these two lines of SA juice! There is a shop here that is owned by a South African who strives to import SA goods but it is more expensive... like Jelly Tots etc!

But since I have been here, I have become used to eating all sorts of interesting foods like Mexican, Chinese, Vietnamese, Canadian (obviously! along with numerous Starbucks Coffee Shops, Subways foods, Blenz coffee etc!)

Amazing to experience a different culture! Good thing I like it here since I am getting married to the Canadian guy God sent into my life 4 years ago! Getting married in less than 3 weeks time! So excited! Will be living in Canada! yeah!

Well good bye to you my friend in the next door country of USA!

Sonja

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b