I'm on the map!
Yes! I have finally arrived, and made it onto the vast interstellar world map called the Google search engine. Margot lost my email address, and being the resourceful person she is, she googled me. Of the thousand of 'gareth' and 'beyers' that came up, 5 of the first 10 were the real me! Woohoo! 4 of the five had to do with Frisbee, and one was a Columbia post. But i'm there nonetheless!
There is alot of talk here about identity theft, but i don't think this will be a problem. I've also been deconstructing the whole new craze around 'blogging' and the desire to have your journal read by the whole world. I haven't come to an answer yet, but i'm sure it has something to do with the need of modern people to: be connected, be known and be on the map. I keep on telling me that this little site is to keep family and friends updated on my movements and not to have to email everyone.
It is nice to say 'visit my blog' though. Like i'm important or something.
Now i can also say - 'google me'. Thanks Margot!
To my credit, i have thus far resisted the many efforts people are making to put a cell phone in my hand, so they can contact me at their whim. With Skpye i can call normal phones in the States for free, and they can't call me back! You of course (being close friends and family) can call me on Skype if you want.










2 comments:
Hey G
My first comment on you page. I think it's cool. Everyone wants to be accessable be in contact. How many people you have in your life and who they are defines who you are for most people and with blogs and cell phones they can be connected to more people further away with less effort and more quickly.
Enough being profound. Sounds like you are having fun. Sorry I missed you in the US but maybe next time right.
Shelain
Yo yo Cro-Theologo-Man
Got yer email thanx man. Yeah talk about identity theft, you have so many ways of being contacted, soon it'll be like I just type "Gareth Beyers" in on my TV remote, and WHOOPS up pops a CCTV camera showing the every move of.. who do you know.. Gareth Beyers.. Haha. Big brother is watching n all that.
Incase you were wondering, CapeTown is STILL the best place in the world! Woohoo!
Peace dude.
LuDogg
Post a Comment