* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: bullet points

Tuesday, 21 November 2006

bullet points

  • The turkey tournament was great! I am really fortunate that I went - we had a great time. Won 3 of our 6 games, enjoyed it, and made great friends. There was a turkey shoot out on Sat night, a full thanksgiving dinner with loads of food, ultimate people, and a wonderful atmosphere. The 8 of us (and Marble the dog) shared a hotel room on Sat night!
  • I wasn't the only active person this weekend - mat and graeme did the 94.7 Cycle challenge in Joburg on Sunday. They did 15okms training, shaved their legs, bought hot pants, and finished in under 4 hours! welldone!
  • I guess Mat got the cycling skills - I managed to survive the frisbee weekend with only a few scrapes on my elbows, but then while cycling to class on monday I had an accident. My bike skidded out from under me, and i now have many more bruises! My bones are fine luckily, but my bike needs a bit of repair.
  • I'm back in Huntsville again - this time for Thanksgiving. Staying at the Rass family until Sunday. Apparently Thanksgiving is about eating a LOT of food, and shopping at the sales on Friday. I can do that!
  • A picture of the Wild Turkeys - what a team!:

l to r: Nat (Thailand), CB (computers, music - Atl), Jeannie (Captain), me, Diego (Columbia), Kevin (Decatur). Front: Sarah (aka Mom, via Britian), Laura (aka Wonderwoman), Marble (the dog).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great to spend time with my SOUTH AFRICAN FRIEND!

KarenBeth81 said...

Hey Sweetie!! I left that last Comment but now I got a blogger!!

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b