The last king of Scotland
I've just returned from watching The Last King of Scotland - a movie about Idi Amin and his reign in Uganda.
Wow. It's movies and experiences like this that make me wonder if there is hope. I'm still trying to work out who to be angry at; why the richest continent is the poorest; and why Africa seems to be shackled and unable to stand?
It is a harrowing film - but, as learnt in Men in Ministry yesterday: harrowing comes from harrow - plough, and is a positive word associated with harvest. Hopefully telling these dark stories can be cathartic for Africa and humanity in some way. Hopefully.
Have a look at the website, and watch it when it gets to SA.
~ it was good to see the sights and sounds of dancing, veld, dark skins, kids running and waving again. The movie also made me realise the racism I carry inside (and might never get rid of) and that i just don't like Empires and their leaders, no matter which colour.










1 comment:
Nice taxi.
Post a Comment