* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow

Tuesday, 07 November 2006

procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow

As you may have seen (i hope), i spent a LOT of time fiddling around with the intricacies of Blogger Beta and editing pictures and changing fonts etc. It is great when it works, but a real fristration when it doesn't. I'm still having issues trying to comment on friends posts, but I seem to have a plan worked out.
Technology is great at keeping us entertained and in touch.

But - i found another very useful role it can play: procrastination accomplice! I skipped church to write a sermon due for today. I sat down to write and 4 hours later had nothing. What happened? The (dumdumdum...) internet (eeeeek) sucked me in and didn't let me go.
I read all the latest news on Ted Haggard's fall, Africa-China relations, updated my facebook, cleared out my email inbox, and made this site more user-friendly and appealing.
Constructive? I don't think my prof will buy that - so let me get to that sermon again!

No comments:

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b