home
Yes! I'm home. It's just for 2 weeks, but it is home nonetheless.
The trip across was long and, apart from a flat tyre on the plane in Atlanta, thankfully uneventful. I had a 7 hour layover in Frankfurt, but that wasn't enough time to get my German confidence back up, so i spoke English to the airport staff. I did however read a German magazine. Well, bits and pieces of it. Need to visit Germany again to remember how to sprachen Deutsch.
Got in to Cape Town at 6am and it was already 20 degrees Celsius. It got up to 30 by midday. Yay for summer. Had a fabulous 3 days with Julie, saw some friends, tried to read my thesis books, went to Kirstenbosch gardens, played Ultimate etc. Table Mountain had as much presence as ever, and the breeze, fresh air and big sky was a welcome change to Atlanta.
I'm working out my schedule for the next week or two, and hope to get to see friends and catch up on what has been happening here. I'll be sure to put up pictures - to show off the beauty of 'home'.











3 comments:
Yay! So how do we contact you? Old cell phone number?
Yes ma'am. I've really enjoyed not having a cell in ATL, but the first thing i did when i got here was find my sim card and resurrect my number.
Still the same: 072 237 2267.
aaahh... Hi Gareth... I envy you (in a good way). I want to go home to for a bit, missing good old SA. Just want to see my family. When I said goodbye when I left, it wasn't a goodbye that felt like goodbye, it was a see-again-soon. I miss my family but I Love living here... can't wait till I go home for a few weeks probably at the end of the year!
Enjoy yourself... and give the mosquitoes a hello from me! Enjoy summer ... lol...
God Bless Gareth. Love to you and your family!
Sonja
Post a Comment