* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: i miss...

Saturday, 06 January 2007

i miss...

... Christmas with my family.

I guess that's one of the prices to pay being in a far off land - you can't get home to have a great Christmas lunch in warm summery weather with parents, siblings and friends. Seems like they (the Beyers and Da Silva families) had a good time, even though two of the kids (Bianca and I) were MIA.
the beyers and the da silva's christmas lunch.
Mat (with new black hair) and Rich had to put up with a lot of females :) Dad was watching the fire i guess.

NEWS JUST IN:
Luckily I will get to see some of the SA summer (and escape the worst of ATL's winter) - I am the proud new owner, thanks to generous help from Julie, of one ticket to SA! I leave as soon as the winter term finished, and have a week in Jo'burg with my family, and a week in Cape Town with Julie and friends. I have a sneaking suspicion that i will realise how much i needed this trip home when i actually get there and the pressure of being a 'foreigner' vanishes.

So friends... chat to my secretary ;) and hopefully we can meet up in Jo'burg or Cape Town for a game of Ultimate/ a visit to Mugg and Bean/or an evening in Melville. Lemme know! I'm really looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gareth!

Good to see you are back and that you enjoyed your time away. May God bless you in this new year. I am a little jealous that you are going home once the winter break comes, I miss home somewhat too, and yes, it is sometimes hard to have the tag of 'foreigner'! : )

I am however also going to be making a trip to SA sometime in this year, hopefully either in autumn over here, which would be spring back home (my poor husband might die in the SA heat since he has lived up north in Canada all his life, cold and snow is what he knows!) but most likely we want to make it to SA for Christmas. The flights are a wedding gift from my parents ... but I can't leave the country until my paperwork is in order ... I got my visa extended but still need to get my sponsorship taken care of.

Enjoy your weekend ...

God bless!
Sonja

Anonymous said...

Waddup G-man!

Gonna be rad to hang out again man.
Cheerio.

Lu

Gareth said...

Hey sonja - hopefully i can come and see you in Vancouver sometime. We'll be in touch.

Lu-Dogg - see you in the Mudder City soon. You'll have to show me how to surf. Looking forward to see you!

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b