break the silence
Tomorrow is World Aids Day, but this post isn't about AIDS just yet
This silence is due to the fact that tomorrow is also Thesis Proposal Deadline Day - so that has been keeping me rather busy this last week. It is almost finished, so watch this space, I'll post it up soon. For now, to fill in the week's silence, here are some updates:
Thanksgiving was great - it was neat to get away from the seminary for a bit and just relax in Huntsville. I ate turkey, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie with baby marshmallows on top, cranberry sauce and a whole bunch more things that i can't remember. Thanksgiving is about eating! ... and shopping evidently! I went at FIVE in the morning on Friday to the Mall for the black Friday shopping experience. Crazy! I made sure to visit the Space and Rocket Centre, watch a Huntsville Havoc ice hockey game, and even eat barbecue, fried squash and turnip greens at a very Southern restaurant - with a live gospel/barber shop quartet! Fun times! Thank you to the Rasses.
Tuesday was one of my best days here yet, mainly because i went for lunch with one of my professors - David Bartlett. We went to the Brickstore Pub and had a sarmie and a beer. It was great to sit down and hear his story, and to share mine. I need to do more lunches like that! It was very inspiring and energising. I had a meeting with my advisor and managed to fine-tune my proposal, did some work in the library, and finished the day off by jumping on Anna Carter Florence's trampoline at night. What a wonderful day!
This weekend I'm off on my Men in Ministry Man Mountain retreat at at a retreat centre in the North Georgia mountains. Apparently there are bears there, but i'm sure confronting elephants and lions daily in Africa has prepared me well for these cute furry animals. Famous last words? We will have to see.
I have also signed up for a conference over New Years with Richard Rohr in Albuquerque. I'm still waiting to hear from the monks about my new Mexico monastery visit hopes.










No comments:
Post a Comment