I heart the Postmaster
That is something you don't hear too often - in the US or SA - but it is true, so I'll say it again! I heart the Postmaster. She/he has been especially good to me this past week: letters, drivers license, Christmas gift from South Africa and ... just yesterday:
A delivery of books to keep me busy over Christmas! Here they are:
I already have A Rumour of Angels, and The Social Construction of Reality - all for my thesis. The Heretical Imperative is still on its way (wink, wink Postmaster).
Required reading for my Winter course - Liturgical Theology - with Martha Moore-Keish. Looking forward to that class.
One of the books to read for my New Year's conference with Rohr.
and finally:
A highly recommended book from our Men in Ministry class. Should complement Rohr's book well.
10 days of silence in a monastery is exactly what i need if i hope to finish these all on time.















4 comments:
Haha!
I'm such a nerd! look at the books i get excited about! :)
I guess this is Master's level reading. Thankfully i got some more deep theological reading for Christmas from a wombat: The Indispensible Calvin and Hobbes!
I'm really enjoying it.
Hey Gareth!
You have the right to get excited about books! I hope you have a blessed time away... quiet and peace!
I am getting my Christmas gift via airfreight all the way from good old SA on Wednesday, and my inlaws' gift for Christmas has also arrived... Just me and my husband celebrating Christmas in Canada - what a change from the hot SA Christmas to the cold wintery one but still good nevertheless ... hmm ;)
Take care and God bless!
Sonja
hey g,
I came across a book today at the lovely and illustrious CTS bookstore that you might like to have as well (as if you don't already have a hefty enough reading list). It's called "The Art of Pilgrimage" by Phil Cousineau, and is a "seeker's guide to making travel sacred." It's a beautiful combination of scripture, stories and pictures of sojourners from around the world and spiritual disciplines. You can borrow my copy once I've read it, or pick one up for yourself. Happy reading! Whit
Hey sonja! hope you have a great Christmas up North.
Thanks Whitney, i think all my reading is cut out for me, but i'll have a look at it when i'm back. I also found the Thomas Merton section in our library last night - he visited Christ in the Desert too. Was neat to read his journal entries when he was there.
Post a Comment