* the state/stage of gareth - a place where i used to document my life 'n times, theories 'n heresies, learnings 'n failings. it's still here, mainly just as archive, but once in a while i may post some things. for more up to date news, rather follow me on twitter at @MrBeyers * __the state of gareth__: lights

Monday, 11 December 2006

lights

I will be getting a camera this week - there's not a chance i'm going to New Mexico without one. Tonight however I borrowed Elizabeth's to get a pic of the 12 Days disc and tee-shirt (below). While i was clicking away, i remembered my 'light creations' by my bed. Some guy left a great big Vodka bottle here after a party, so i kept it, bought some christmas lights, and stuffed them inside (sans the liquid, obviously). I found another bottle later, got some more lights, and now my bedside table looks rather arty. They make great ambient lighting. I'm not really sure why i need that in my room, but it is pretty! Try this one at home yourself! I'm still thinking of ways to hang them from a light fitting.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - is life really so boring that you are writing a post on lights in a bottle? Seriously friend, surely life isn't as bleak as that, is it? Don't you go to banquets, or play battleship, or do anything else remotely interesting? Geez, living in the States must be horrible. Quit taking pictures of tables and go make some friends!

Gareth said...

No appreciation for the artistic side of life, eh Mags? :)The lights are my friends. All shiny and forgiving!
I did go to a Christmas banquet too - it was great fun; and yes i did play Battleships at Thinking Man's (how did you know? Where you there?). It was a such a full weekend with so many friends made that i can't post it all here. But next time...

Anonymous said...

What - are you trying to call me an obsessive freak? I don't know what you do.

Gareth said...

obsessive freak! ;)
hey - now you have a whole post to yourself!

the life and times, learnings and failings, theories and heresies of gareth b